You love solving complex interdisciplinary backend challenges? You automate anything you might possibly have to do twice? You're a craftsman and embrace failure as an essential part of success? Does this sound like you?
Yes? – Become part of our development team and make our software awesome!
- Engineering leadership – you are a direct supervisor of the technical staff and do everything you can do to keep engineers happy and work effectively.
- Recruiting – we continuously interviews people from a variety of backgrounds, from data engineers to frontend developers. Plus, we sponsor conferences and meetups regularly - we need you to go there and find us good people!
- You are responsible that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- Strategy development – working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments (e.g. COO, CEO).
- Budgeting - Responsible for allocating budget for hires, infrastructure and raises, you fight for resources and make sure we are good for the future.
- Coding will not be a part of your day-to-day work, but experience with web development, data engineering and/or DevOps will make you a more effective and respected VPE.
WHO WE NEED / YOU ARE
- 4+ years experience in implementing scalable products
- Experience in technical leadership – ideally managing a team of 5+ engineers
- Experience in Recruiting, career development and leadership
- Experience in these is a plus, though not required: Python, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are a strong team player with great communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Access to newest and revolutionary technologies and development trends
- The opportunity to have a big impact on company direction, and products
- Our feelgood manager Evi will cook twice a week and organize team events
- Familiar culture with endless Club Mate and Lan parties
- Flat hierarchy and short decision paths
- Office next to the central station in Munich
Florian, our CTO, currently spends most of his time doing VP of Engineering work (recruiting, management …). While he will be happy to focus more on technology again, he is 100% dedicated to support the VP Engineering, especially during the initial transition period.We do not care about your CV or any degree. We care about people.
Just send us some useful information about you (e.g. projects, code example, LinkedIn, Xing) to firstname.lastname@example.org.